As I See It

Where Are You?

Sometimes, when I'm reading my Bible, a light bulb comes on and the verse takes on a whole new meaning. One such passage was from the book of Genesis.



And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"
Genesis 1: 8-9

 
I love these verses in Genesis for several reasons, the most obvious being that God came into the garden and walked among man. Adam and Eve heard Him in the garden. How marvelous. Could you imagine taking a stroll in the cool of the day with God? Talk about what you did and bring your concerns to Him with a face to face experience?

Here's the thing. We can. Although God is spirit, when you invite Him into your heart and life He becomes closer than a brother. You can have a conversation with Him anytime, anywhere, wherever you are.

The second reason I love these verses is the question God asks Adam. "Where are you?"

Do you think God, in all His omniscience, didn't know where they were hiding? Of course He did. He is the Lord God Almighty, but He chose to pursue Adam. He wanted Adam to know that He was seeking him out.

Even today, in our modern times, God pursues us. He beckons us to come to Him.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

Right now God is asking - Where are you? Listen close and you will hear Him walking in the garden. Step out, take His hand and find peace, joy and an uncompromising love.
 
God Bless You and remember to hug someone you love today.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the proliferation of scam artists inundating this blog with their garbage, I am forced to moderate all comments. If you are a real person, thank you. YOU are appreciated.