WEEKEND WRITING WARRIORS #59

Here we are again at the end of another week. I don't know about you but I feel absolutely soggy. If we don't have torrential rain pouring down, the humidity in the air makes you think you have a wet blanket wrapped around your body. However, the plants and grass love it, and I don't have to water them, so win/win for me.

The Honorable Colonel Richard Fitzwilliam cannot see Miss Bennet or the annoying Mr. Camden over a HUGE epergne which squats in the center of the dining table, but he sure can hear them.
When Mr. Camden laughed again, Richard growled. Lady Northcott, seated to his right, asked if he were feeling well.
"Yes, Lady Northcott, just clearing my throat," he muttered and cleared his throat again in an attempt to assure her of his truthfulness.
He knew why Mrs. Bennet had seated Mary next to the guffawing baboon. No doubt she'd noticed Mr. Camden's ostentatious flirting within seconds of their meeting.
Laughter once again rang like church bells from that side of the table and he had the sudden urge to leap across the table and rearrange Mr. Camden's perfect face into something more abstract. If it weren't for that damnable centerpiece, he at least could tell if Mary were falling for the soon to be toothless idiot.
"What do you think they are talking about?" Miss Talbot, seated to his left asked after the last round of mirth subsided.
"Broken teeth," Richard muttered.
Thanks for joining me today in this fun writing blog hop. If you wish to visit other authors and to find out more about what Weekend Writing Warriors is all about, click HERE.





12 comments:

  1. His jealousy is growing. I wonder how much more he'll be able to take before he reacts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard shall always be a gentleman. In his mind though, he's ripping Mr. Camden to shreds.

      Delete
  2. What a delightful scene, Sue! I adore Richard and his introspection. Broken teeth indeed. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie Evelyn JoyceAugust 12, 2018

    Haha, love that final line! This is great, Sue! So nicely written! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, you leave us laughing and that's terrific. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard has some very ungentlemanly feelings there! I loved it though, felt like I was at the dinner party with them. Terrific snippet..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this guy, Richard. That last line is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, my this chap has a bit of a temper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha--broken teeth! I'm not sure Richard is going to make it the whole way through this dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that last line - made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha I love this completely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to laugh at your last line. Cute. This whole snippet was quite funny.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the proliferation of scam artists inundating this blog with their garbage, I am forced to moderate all comments. If you are a real person, thank you. YOU are appreciated.